Easy Currywurst Recipe: This Traditional German Street Food Is a Must During Oktoberfest by 30Seconds Food
Currywurst is a fast food dish from Germany that's sausage covered in a curry ketchup. Currywurst is usually served with french fries, but would also be delicious over mashed potatoes or hash browns. Why not serve this easy German recipe at your Oktoberfest get-together?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pound bratwurst sausage links
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- pinch ground cayenne (optional)
- french fries, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Put the water into a skillet and bring to a simmer. Add the bratwurst and cook until heated through, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cut into rounds.
- Heat the olive oil in the same skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened, about 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Put the bratwurst into the sauce and heat through. Garnish with more curry powder and serve with french fries.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Curry Powder $3 & Up
Cayenne $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.