OMG Oatmeal Stuffed Apples Recipe: An Amazing Year-Round Baked Apple Recipe by Donna John
This breakfast baked oatmeal stuffed apples recipe is incredible. If you're a baked oatmeal fan, this is the new breakfast recipe for you! And don't think apples are only eaten or cooked in the fall months. According to a study from Total Shape, in Texas alone, there averages 430,417 monthly searches for apple recipes.
For this stuffed apple recipe you'll need large apples, old-fashioned oats, flour, brown sugar, dried fruit, chopped nuts, butter and ground cinnamon. The apples are cored and stuffed with the ingredients and baked until soft and tender. The smell alone is reason enough to make this apple recipe.
Serve this easy baked apples recipe warm drizzled with honey or maple syrup – or spoon on a dollop of vanilla yogurt to melt down the sides and into the filling. You could even serve this for dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Just wow.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 large Granny Smith apples (or your favorite apple)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped dried fruit (cranberries, blueberries, raisins, etc.)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the tops off the apples and scoop out the core. Do not go all the way through the apple. Put the apples into a baking dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Stuff the mixture into the apples.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until apples have softened.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.