Pan-Fried Perch Recipe With Garlic, Thyme, Lemon & Butter Is Ready in Less Than 20 Minutes by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
Garlic, garlic, garlic. Oh, and butter, butter, butter. Need I say more? This pan-fried fish recipe takes 20 minutes to make, tops. You also can use any firm-fleshed fish. Serve alone or with fresh steamed vegetables and brown rice.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 - 6 perch filets
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 - 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 lemons, juiced and sliced thick
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 sprigs parsley, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Season the fish with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Dust each filet with a light powder of cornstarch. Set aside.
- Spray a nonstick sauté pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the butter and melt over medium heat until it begins to foam. Add the garlic and sauté until the garlic is fragrant and the butter is turning blonde. Add thyme leaves. Remove the garlic and set aside.
- Increase the heat and add the fish to the hot pan, being careful not to burn the butter. Cook, while gently tipping the pan and spooning the fragrant melted butter over for the fish, until the fish becomes translucent and begins to form a brown-crunchy crust on its edges.
- Add the lemon to the pan and return the garlic. Carefully flip the fish and continue to cook for an additional 1 tp 2 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the fish to drain on a paper towel.
- Turn the pan to high heat and cook until the lemons become somewhat browned and their natural sugars caramelize. Serve on top of the fish with a spring of fresh thyme and chopped parsley.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauté Pans $10 & Up
Cornstarch $1 & Up
Cayenne Pepper $2 & Up
Fish Cookbooks $5 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.