Roast Beef Crostini Recipe: Beef Tenderloin Crostini With Caramelized Mushrooms & Garlic Mayonnaise by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
This roast beef crostini recipe with caramelized mushrooms recipe is a perfect appetizer for entertaining. But my family loves these succulent beef tenderloin open-face sandwiches as a full-fledged lunch or dinner. So delicious!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 pounds of your favorite beef cut
- good-quality olive oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup garlic mayonnaise or plain mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced to a paste (divided)
- 1 thick Italian loaf, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 handful arugula or baby spinach leaves with tender stems
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of olive oil. Season the beef generously with salt and pepper, then add to the hot pan. Cook steak, turning once or twice to brown evenly, until medium-rare and lightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the beef is resting, throw in the butter, sliced onions and mushrooms with a 1/4 teaspoon of the minced garlic. Sauté until they release all their water and start to get sticky and caramelized, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay the sliced bread flat on a baking sheet. Drizzle the remaining olive oil on the slices and quickly rub each with the minced garlic. Bake until crusty and slightly golden, but not too crunchy, turning once during baking time. Remove from the oven, cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm and set aside.
- Slice the beef thin. Place toasted bread, cut side up, on a platter and slather half with a bit of stone ground mustard and some with garlic mayo. Pile high a few pieces of sliced beef on each piece and season with salt and pepper. Add sautéed onions and mushrooms to the top of the beef. Garnish with baby spinach or arugula tossed in a little olive oil and salt. Serve Immediately.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Skillets $10 & Up
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Whole Grain Mustard $2 & Up
Garlic Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.