Easy Beef Goulash Recipe: This Delicious One-Pot, 5-Ingredient Goulash Is Classic American Comfort Food by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
I come from a long line of Italian women who love to cook and are naturally skilled at it. My mom Mary Ann, who the grandkids affectionately call Mimi, is one of the best. Unfortunately, I inherited neither her passion nor talent for cooking.
However, occasionally I’ll try one of the family recipes – Italian, American or otherwise – and find that it’s simple enough that even I can’t mess it up! My mom’s American goulash recipe is a great example. It involves just one pan and is quick and easy enough to serve for dinner on a school or work night.
I’ve always wanted to archive my family’s recipes somehow, and publishing them on 30Seconds seems like a fantastic way to do so! This will give me the opportunity to share them with others so they can enjoy these recipes as well. I hope this is the first of many to come. Buon appetito!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced small
- 1 green pepper, diced small
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni or your favorite pasta
- vegetable oil, for cooking
Here's how to make it:
- In a skillet, sauté the onion and green pepper in oil on low until softened.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil pasta to al dente. Drain water and add pasta to the pot.
- Add crushed tomatoes. Stir.
- Cook on low for a minimum of 40 minutes. Top with some shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.