Upside Down Pizza Casserole Recipe: Flip Pizza Night With This Fun & Easy Pizza Casserole Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Is it a pizza? A casserole? Who cares! You'll just care that your family loves it and how easy it is to make. Serve this fun upside down pizza casserole recipe with a salad for a complete meal. You could even throw some pepperoni into the sausage while it cooks for a meat lover's special!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 32 to 37 minutes
Total Time: 37 to 42 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage or ground beef (or a combination of both)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the sausage, onion and bell pepper in a skillet until sausage is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and Italian seasoning. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Pour the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, eggs, milk, oil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the filling, then pour on the topping to completely cover the casserole.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.