20-Minute Skinny Kung Pao Chicken Recipe Is Destined to Be a Family Favorite by Sarah Amona
You can have a satisfying stir-fry dinner on the table in about 20 minutes! This easy skinny kung pao chicken recipe has tender chicken, crunchy vegetables and a sauce that's not lacking in flavor.
This 20-minute skinny kung pao chicken recipe has a simple ingredient list: boneless chicken breast, almond flour, sesame oil, green onions, red pepper, zucchini, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, ground ginger, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, Splenda or your favorite sweetener, and dry roasted peanuts. To make cooking quick and easy, have all your vegetables chopped before you start cooking.
Serve this easy chicken recipe over brown rice, white rice or even quinoa. This quick Asian chicken stir fry recipe is so good!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons almond flour
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 cups diced red pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Splenda (optional)
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the chicken and almond flour in a small bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat the sesame oil in wok or deep pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from the wok.
- Add the green onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and powdered ginger. Cook, stirring, for 15 seconds.
- Combine the vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Mix well and add the sauce to the wok.
- Return the chicken to the wok and coat with sauce. Stir in roasted peanuts. Heat thoroughly. Top with additional chopped green onions.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Woks $12 & Up
Almond Flour $5 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Powdered Ginger $4 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Splenda $5 & Up
Peanuts $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.