Amish Mock Mincemeat Pie Recipe: An Amish Twist to a Classic Pie by 30Seconds Food
Mincemeat, when it comes to pie recipes, is chopped dried fruit, nuts and alcohol, usually brandy or rum. This Amish mock mincemeat pie uses fresh applies and green tomatoes – and no alcohol. Sounds interesting, right? You know you want to try it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 50 minutes
Servings: 1 pie
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, thawed, or your favorite pie crust
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 green tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a saucepot. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Line a pie plate with one of the crusts. Pour in the filling. Top with the second pie crust. Flute the edges and make slits in the top.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.