Crispy Carne Asada Fries Recipe: Your New Favorite Finger Food Recipe Will Make You Lick Your Fingers by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
We're pretty sure this crave-able appetizer recipe will be your new favorite finger food snack. Be sure to personalize them with your favorite toppings (and don't let anyone catch you licking your fingers)!
Prep Time: 8 hours to overnight to marinate
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours and 20 minutes
Marinade and Steak
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
Fries and Cheese Sauce
- 1 bag frozen seasoned fries, baked according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- avocado, diced or mashed or guacamole
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- sliced jalapenos, fresh or pickled
- black olives
Here's how to make it:
- For the marinade, combine the lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, cumin, cayenne and oregano in a mixing bowl. Place in an air-tight container allowing the steak to marinate for a minimum of 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the grill or cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat and cook the steak to your desired temperature. Remove to a cutting board allow to rest. While the steak is on the grill, bake the fries according to the manufacturer's directions.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Add the milk while constantly whisking to avoid lumps until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. And garlic salt and allow the mixture to thicken for 3 to 4 minutes. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Once the fries are crispy, place them on a slightly warmed serving platter. Chop the steak, top the fries, drizzle on the warm melted cheese and add your desired toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillets $10 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $2 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Garlic Salt $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Black Olives $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.