Dairy-free Creamy Autumn Vegetable Dip Recipe: A Healthy Butternut Squash Dip Recipe for Fall Snacking by 30Seconds Food
"Butternut squash is one of those foods that each time I roast one up I say to myself, 'This is so GOOD, why don’t you make it more often?!'" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "This is a creative and really tasty dip, perfect for fall entertaining – a welcome addition to your holiday party spread! Butternut squash is extremely versatile and satisfying! Be sure to try this recipe during the fall when squash is plentiful and inexpensive."
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 small butternut squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 head garlic, top quarter cut off to expose the cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- pinch cayenne pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard the seeds. Place your squash halves skin side down onto the prepared baking dish. Add the onion next to it and the head of garlic wrapped with a piece of parchment paper. Spritz with avocado cooking oil spray and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 30 minutes or until the squash is fork-tender. The onion might roast faster, so check at about 15 to 20 minutes and take it out of the oven, leaving the butternut squash and garlic for longer. Sometimes I'll simply tuck the onion inside the squash. Allow your squash to cool for a bit.
- Scoop out the roasted flesh into a food processor together with your roasted onion and garlic cloves (popped out of the skin). You can add all the garlic if you like the flavor or just half of it.
- Add in your milk of choice and seasonings then pulse until super smooth. Start with less milk and add slowly until desired "dip" consistency is achieved. Taste test and season to your taste. Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives, if desired. Serve warm with crunchy veggies to dip.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $9 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Avocado Oil $6 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Ground Cayenne $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.