Best Szechuan Fried Rice Recipe: Spicy 30-Minute Chicken Fried Rice Recipe Is a Hot Dinner Idea by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 large carrot, diced very small
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sambal oelek (or to taste)
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag. Add the chicken and let it marinate about 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add a 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Add the eggs and cook until soft scrambled. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned on all sides and just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the eggs.
- Add a little more oil to the skillet. Toss in the carrots, red bell pepper and onion and cook about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and sambal oelek. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and cook about 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken and eggs to the pan. Drizzle in the soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Cook about 2 minutes more.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Skillets $10 & Up
Woks $10 & Up
Sambal Oelek $3 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.