Best Szechuan Fried Rice Recipe: Spicy 30-Minute Chicken Fried Rice Is a Hot Dinner Idea by 30Seconds Food
Soy sauce and sambal oelek flavor this easy Szechuan fried rice recipe that's loaded with tender chicken and crunchy vegetables. With so much flavor, it's hard to believe this delicious Asian recipe is ready in about 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 large carrot, diced very small
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sambal oelek (or to taste)
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag. Add the chicken and let it marinate about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Add the eggs and cook until soft scrambled. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned on all sides and just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the eggs.
- Add a little more oil to the skillet. Toss in the carrots, red bell pepper and onion and cook about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and sambal oelek. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and cook about 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken and eggs to the pan. Drizzle in the soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Cook about 2 minutes more.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.