Cauli Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe: Healthy Breadless Low-Carb Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe by Sarah Amona
A grilled cheese sandwich recipe with no bread? Say what? You will be amazed when you bite into this healthy, low-carb cauliflower grilled cheese sandwich. Buh-bye, bread.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 13 to 15 minutes
- 2 cups grated cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons light olive oil
- 3 ounces low-fat cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Mix together the cauliflower, egg, almond flour, salt and pepper until combined.
- In a heavy sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium-low heat. To test if the oil/butter mixture is hot enough, drop a small piece of the cauliflower mixture into the pan and if bubbles form around the edges, the oil is ready.
- Carefully place two 1/4 cup scoops of the cauliflower mixture into the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until the pancakes are browning on the bottom. Flip the pancake over carefully with a spatula and place the cheese so it is equally divided on one pancake. Cook for 1 more minute then place the second pancake on top of the cheese and press down. Cook for 30 seconds then flip over the grilled cheese pancake sandwich, press down and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Place the hot grilled cheese pancake on the paper towels to drain. Repeat this process.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.