Healthy Tofu (or Chicken) & Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe With Peanut Sauce Has a Surprising Ingredient by Sarah Amona
Powdered peanut butter? Yep, you read right. This healthy stir-fry recipe uses protein-packed peanut butter powder and can be made vegetarian with tofu or with boneless chicken.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 30 ounces silken extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I like Mori-Nu® Silken extra-firm tofu) or 18 ounces boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3 tablespoons powdered peanut butter (I like PB2 powdered peanut butter)
- 3 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
Here's how to make it:
- Coat a nonstick pan with 1 teaspoon of oil. Sauté the broccoli on medium heat until tender. Set aside in bowl.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the same pan and cook the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes or until golden in color.
- Add tofu or chicken and sauté on medium heat until cooked through.
- While the chicken or tofu is cooking, make the sauce by adding the hot water to the peanut butter powder. Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar. Whisk until well mixed and then pour into the pan.
- Add the broccoli. Toss until thoroughly combined.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Peanut Butter Powder $8 & Up
PB2 Peanut Butter Powder $7 & Up
Nonstick Pans $10 & Up
Rice Vinegar $3 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Canola Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.