Cooking With Pumpkin: 10 Unexpected Ways to Use Canned Pumpkin This Fall by Debra Ferrie
It’s “pumpkin everything” season again. For many of us, it's the best season. The next time you’re grocery shopping, grab some extra cans of pumpkin. There are many ways you can use canned pumpkin – some you may never have heard of.
- Pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins. Not only are they delicious, they are also a great snack to put in the school lunchboxes. I love to make four or more loaves at a time (or 48 muffins) and give some to friends and relatives as a little treat. They will go fast!
- Add a can to chili. This changes the flavor with added sweetness – and adds extra fiber, too. Consider pumpkin puree if you make white bean chicken chili also.
- Pumpkin puree with a dash of maple syrup is delish on a bagel or English muffin as a spread.
- Add a generous scoop of pumpkin to a vanilla-based smoothie recipe.
- Take out the waffle maker and add a scoop or two of pumpkin to your waffle batter for a scrumptious morning meal. You can also do this with pancakes.
- Making veggie lasagna? You can use canned pumpkin puree instead of butternut squash.
- Add a scoop of pumpkin puree to thick soups like minestrones or mixed vegetable soups.
- Fall is not fall without pumpkin pie. Homemade pumpkin pie is a treat and a great family time to cook together.
- You can add a can of pumpkin to a vanilla pudding recipe for a seasonal treat. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Pumpkin with pasta? Why yes! Stir a scoop into mac and cheese, add a scoop to your penne sauce or even use some mixed into a creamy sauce like alfredo.
How do you use canned pumpkin? Share your ideas below.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.