Authentic Shaking Beef Recipe: Make This Shaking Beef Recipe Before You Die by Donna John
The latest addition to my cookbook collection is Chef Jet Tila's 101 Asian Dishes You Need to Cook Before You Die. This is my take on his caramel shaking beef recipe, which was quick, full of strong Asian flavors and very simple to make.
I've also made Chef Tila's chicken larb recipe. Amazing! What's next from his cookbook? You'll have to stay tuned.
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 30 minutes to marinate
Cook Time: 5 to 7 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 47 minutes
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds thick sirloin steak, cut into cubes
- 8 - 10 cloves garlic, minced (divided)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Maggi seasoning
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (original recipe calls for 2 tablespoons)
- white rice, for serving (I used Success Boil in Bag Jasmine Rice)
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine half the minced garlic, fish sauce, Maggi seasoning, sugar and beef in a bowl. Marinate the beef for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or wok (preferred) until very hot. Add the oil. Pour in the beef and marinade. Cook, stirring and shaking the pan, for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the butter and cook about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Serve over rice and garnish with chopped green onions. (Chef Tila serves it with crusty French bread.)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
101 Asian Dishes You Need to Cook Before You Die: Discover a New World of Flavors in Authentic Recipes by Jet Tila $19
Maggi Seasoning $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
Fish Sauce $3 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Success Jasmine Rice Boil in Bag $3 & Up
Large Skillets $10 & Up
Woks $12 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.