Classic Potato Casserole Recipe: This Funeral Potatoes Recipe Will Make You Happy Despite the Name by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 bag (32 ounces) diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make them:
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Cook the onion until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked onions, sour cream, soups and 2 cups of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the hash brown potatoes. Pour the mixture into a greased 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- Top the potato mixture with the remaining cheddar cheese and then sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.