Best Funeral Potatoes Recipe: This Comforting Potato Casserole Recipe Will Make You Happy Despite Its Name by 30Seconds Food
When attending the get-together after a funeral in many areas of the country, you are sure to see a casserole dish of funeral potatoes on the table. Forget the name, this creamy hash brown casserole recipe is a comforting side dish even on happy days.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 bag (32 ounces) diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make them:
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Cook the onion until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked onions, sour cream, soups and 2 cups of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the hash brown potatoes. Pour the mixture into a greased 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- Top the potato mixture with the remaining cheddar cheese and then sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.