Pumpkin & Sausage Stuffed Shells Recipe: 6-Ingredient Pumpkin Stuffed Shells Recipe Is a Fall Fave by 30Seconds Food
Peter the pumpkin eater would love this pumpkin put into a pasta shell. Use hot or sweet Italian sausage, and if you're not a sausage person, grab a pound of ground beef or ground chicken. No rules here!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 20 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage or remove link sausage casings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (divided)
- 1 tub (8 ounces) cream cheese spread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the sausage and onion in a skillet until cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain off any excess fat. Add 1 cup of the pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- For the sauce, combine the remaining pumpkin puree and cream cheese in a saucepot. Heat until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a little of the sauce on the bottom of a baking pan. Stuff the cooked shells with the pumpkin and sausage mixture and place them in the pan. Spoon on the remaining pumpkin sauce.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with the mozzarella and bake about 5 minutes more.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.