15-Minute Pad Krapow Gai Recipe (Thai Basil Chicken Stir-fry) Is Yum by 30Seconds Food
This pad krapow gai recipe is fast, flavorful and easy. In Thai, pad means "stir fried," krapow means "holy basil" and gai is "chicken."
This stir-fried holy basil chicken recipe is ready in 15 minutes and is just plain yum. Serve with rice.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, chopped into very small pieces, or 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - 3 fresh Thai chilies, chopped or left whole
- 1 cup julienned Thai basil leaves
- cooked rice, for serving
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the shallots, garlic and Thai chiles. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce. Cook, stirring, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the basil. Cook for 30 seconds. Serve over rice.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Skillets $10 & Up
Woks $12 & Up
Oyster Sauce $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Fish Sauce $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.