No-Mayonnaise Herbed Potato Salad Recipe Is a Healthy Side Dish Option by 30Seconds Food
Looking for a potato salad recipe for your summer get-togethers? This easy herbed potato salad recipe has no mayonnaise, so it's better for potlucks, cookouts and picnics – plus it's healthier. This is a wonderful potato salad recipe to make for Memorial Day, July 4th or Labor Day.
The potato salad is a combination of small red or white potatoes, celery, green onions, fresh parsley and fresh dill. The creamy no-mayonnaise dressing is made with olive oil, parsley, dill, green onions, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, fresh garlic and black pepper.
You could add any fresh herbs to this mayonnaise-free potato salad recipe. Snip some thyme, oregano, basil or rosemary from your herb garden and toss it in.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 7 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 27 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 pounds small red or white potatoes, cut into pieces
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic
- black pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in salted, boiling water until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Put the hot potatoes into a large bowl.
- Put the olive oil, parsley, dill, green onions, lemon juice, mustard and garlic into a blender. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Pulse until herbs are chopped. Add the cooking water and continue to pulse until just blended.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes. Toss to coat. Let the potatoes sit about 10 to 15 minutes to soak up the dressing.
- Fold in the celery, 1/4 cup chopped green onions, 1 tablespoon parsley and 1 tablespoon dill. Season with salt and pepper.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $20 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Salad Bowls $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.