Cheesy Eggplant Casserole Recipe: You'll Be Thinking About This Eggplant Recipe for Days by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Put the sliced eggplant into a colander. Sprinkle with salt and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Rinse, drain and pat the eggplant dry with paper towels.
- Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Put a layer of eggplant in the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with some of the tomato, onion and tomato sauce.. Add another layer. Drizzle with the olive oil. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven. Top with cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Casserole Dishes $9 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Colander $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.