Easy Filipino Picadillo Recipe: A Traditional Filipino Picadillo Recipe That Cooks in About 30 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Picadillo is a traditional dish in many countries, including the Philippines. Filipino picadillo is made with potatoes, carrots, ground meat, raisins and other savory ingredients. It's traditionally served with rice and sometimes a fried egg. This flavorful Filipino picadillo recipe is easy to make at home.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- olive oil
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork (you can use all ground beef)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with their liquid
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- hot cooked rice, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add the potatoes and carrots and cook, stirring often, about 15 minutes over medium heat, or until they just begin to brown. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Crumble in the ground meat and cook until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes, raisins, fish sauce, soy sauce, chili garlic paste and water. Return the potatoes and carrots to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the peas, if using.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.