Incredible Baked Cream Corn Recipe: This Creamy Corn Recipe With Parmesan-Reggiano Is Over-the-Top Good by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Ready to wow your friends and family? This baked creamy corn casserole recipe is a variation of my epic cream corn recipe. The addition of Parmesan-Reggiano cheese and seasoned breadcrumbs takes it over the top.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 8 ears fresh shucked corn off the cob or 1 pound frozen white kernels and 1 pound frozen yellow kernels (or all yellow)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 small jar pimentos, drained
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 - 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 - 1 cup Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons very cold butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- seasoned breadcrumbs
- chopped parsley or fresh herbs, for garnish
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine the corn, onion, garlic, whipping cream, pimentos, sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Combine the butter and flour to form a paste. Stir the mixture into the corn and continue to simmer until thickened.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Stir in the Parmesan-Reggiano cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with seasoned breadcrumbs and more cheese, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Casserole Dishes $10 & Up
Seasoned Breadcrumbs $2 & Up
White Pepper $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Pimentos $2 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.