Chef's Creamy Oven-Baked Corn Casserole Recipe With Parmesan-Reggiano Is Over-the-Top Good by Chef Gigi
Onion, garlic, pimentos and cayenne pepper give this vegetable side dish an epic flavor. The Parmesan-Reggiano cheese and seasoned breadcrumbs take this vegetarian creamed corn recipe to over-the-top good status. After baking, you can garnish this casserole dish with parsley or the fresh herbs of your choice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 8 ears fresh shucked corn off the cob, or 1 pound frozen white kernels and 1 pound frozen yellow kernels (or all yellow)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 small jar pimentos, drained
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 - 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 - 1 cup Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons very cold butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- seasoned breadcrumbs
- chopped parsley or fresh herbs, for garnish
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine the corn, onion, garlic, whipping cream, pimentos, sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Combine the butter and flour to form a paste. Stir the mixture into the corn and continue to simmer until thickened.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole baking dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Stir in the Parmesan-Reggiano cheese.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with seasoned breadcrumbs and more cheese, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.