Chicken With Pumpkin Sauce Recipe: Quick Chicken Breast Recipe With Savory Pumpkin Sauce Is the Way to Welcome September by Donna John
Hello, September! While it's not officially fall yet, September is the official start of pumpkin pie spice season and pumpkin recipes. This easy chicken breast recipe with pumpkin puree is ready in less than 30 minutes and is a savory way to start the pumpkin worshipping. If you really love pumpkin pie spice, sprinkle a little over the top before serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18 to 21 minutes
Total Time: 23 to 26 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh sage leaves or dried sage (to taste)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 can (14 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in an ovenproof skillet. Cook the chicken breasts until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and sage leaves. Cook about 1 minute.
- Put the skillet into a preheated 350-degree F oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- To make the pumpkin sauce, combine the pumpkin puree, milk and turmeric in a saucepot. Season with salt and pepper. Heat over low heat until warmed through.
- Serve the chicken breast on a bed of the pumpkin sauce or drizzle over the top. Garnish with sage leaves.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Pumpkin Puree $2 & Up
Evaporated Milk $1 & Up
Pumpkin Pie Spice $3 & Up
Dried Sage $4 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.