5-Ingredient Baked Amish Chicken Recipe Makes Its Own Creamy Gravy by Donna John
With easy prep and minimal ingredients, you'll adore this easy, creamy baked Amish chicken recipe. It really makes its own gravy! While it's doing that in the oven (and smelling heavenly!), you can prepare the side dishes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 6 - 8 bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika (I used 1 teaspoon regular paprika and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup water
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, garlic powder and paprika in a bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour liberally and put in a baking pan.
- Combine the cream and water. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour or until golden and cooked through. Season the gravy with more salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $9 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Ground Paprika $2 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Amish Cookbooks $5 & Up
Egg Noodles $2 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.