Best Amish Potato Salad Recipe: The Amish Have Potato Salad Recipes Down to a Science by 30Seconds Food
Eggs, celery, carrots and vinegar are the key notes in an Amish potato salad. And the Amish know exactly how to add the ingredients so the flavors pop. This creamy Amish potato salad recipe starts with buttery Yukon Gold potatoes and ends with crunchy celery and carrots.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus time to chill
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes plus time to chill
Servings: 8 to 10
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- 1 carrot, chopped small
Here's how to make it:
- Add the potatoes to boiling salted water and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Put the vinegar and sugar into a blender. Add the mustard, 1 egg yolk (keep the egg white) and celery seed. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Pour half the mixture over the cooked potatoes and stir.
- Stir the sour cream into the remaining vinegar mixture.
- Stir the sour cream mixture into the potatoes.
- Chop the remaining eggs and egg white into small pieces. Stir in the eggs, carrots and celery. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional hard-boiled eggs, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $20 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Mustard $1 & Up
Celery Seeds $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.