Crispy Snapper Recipe With Strawberry Tomato Salsa: This Snazzy Snapper Recipe Is a Light & Tasty Way to Fish by Chef Gigi
This creative and easy snapper recipe is interchangeable with any of your preferred fish proteins, including scallops. The tartness of the apples (they're optional, but recommended!) cuts through the fat in the fish. The strawberry salsa just tastes like spring and summer!
This easy fish recipe will lighten up dinner or lunch. No side dish needed, but a fresh vegetable wouldn't be frowned upon.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 11 minutes
Total Time: 18 to 21 minutes
- 4 6-ounce pieces firm snapper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 limes, cut in wedges, for garnish
Strawberry Tomato Salsa
- 1 medium green apple, cored and diced (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, torn right before use
- 2 - 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the berries, tomatoes and apples, if using, in a small bowl. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil and add the rice vinegar. Toss. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make three small slices into the skin side of each filet to prevent it from curling up while cooking. Salt and pepper the fish front and back.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil and butter until melted. Add the fish filets skin side down and cook until the fish is crispy. Depending on the size of your filet, this should only take about 6 to 8 minutes. Gently flip the fish and cook until the flesh is opaque for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pan to a paper towel to remove any excess cooking oil. Serve warm topped with strawberry salsa and lots of lime wedges.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.