Crazy Good Zucchini Rolls Recipe: Serve This Easy Ground Beef, Egg & Zucchini Recipe for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner by 30Seconds Food
"This is truly so very good! It's super unique and seriously easier than it looks – so try it out this week!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "Zucchini is available year round in the U.S., but it’s at its peak season right now and very affordable. Grab some at the farmer’s market or from a neighbor’s back yard. Be sure to adjust seasonings to your personal preferences. Love garlic? Add more. Have a favorite herb or spice? Throw it in there!"
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 medium-large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced very small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the zucchini slices on the prepared baking sheet and season lightly with sea salt and pepper. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Once done, blot excess moisture from the zucchini with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs with a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Beat until well combined. Pour the beaten eggs over the zucchini into an even layer. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked through the center. Set aside to cool down until ready to handle.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the beef and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, mincing it with a wooden spoon. Add in the tomato paste, ketchup and mustard and stir well to combine. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese and chopped parsley.
- Gently spread the meat mixture over the zucchini omelet.
- Roll it up from one end with the help of the parchment paper. Return the zucchini roll into the oven and bake for 10 minutes more to heat through. Once it’s done, let the roll rest for a couple of minutes, then slice and serve.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.