Awesome Chicken Apple Meatballs Recipe: Eat Your Apple a Day in a Meatball (Ready in 30 Minutes) by Dina Deleasa-Gonsar DishItGirl.com
These chicken apple meatballs are another recipe that came from cooking for my daughter. They are packed with good ingredients and have an amazing flavor. I used almond milk and the meatballs tasted perfectly fine! Of course, you can use regular milk if you prefer. I served these with a salad that had a creamy ranch dressing. Some other great options are green beans or asparagus.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan with high sides. Add the carrot and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the apples and onions and cook another 3 minutes. Turn off heat and let the mixture cool down.
- In a large bowl add the breadcrumbs and milk. Whisk together and let it sit for 2 minutes. Add in the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, egg, tarragon and garlic. Mix to combine. Add the carrot, apple and onion mixture to bowl along with the ground chicken. With your hands mix all ingredients until well combined. Do not over mix!
- Form the mixture into balls using about 2 tablespoons of the ground chicken mixture per each meatball.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan. Add the the meatballs to the pan and brown on all sides. Work in batches in order to not crowd the pan. Set aside meatballs as they finish cooking. Once the meatballs are done frying, discard any excess oil from the pan.
- In a small bowl whisk together the BBQ sauce and the chicken stock. Add the meatballs back to the pan. Cover them with the sauce. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook about 7 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
Find more recipes on DishItGirl.com.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.