Jolean's Cheesy Potato & Sausage Casserole Recipe: A Country Casserole Recipe From the 70s by 30Seconds Food
The name might be spelled differently, but we still think Dolly Parton would approve of this downhome, country sausage and potato casserole recipe. It's said that this Jolean's potato casserole recipe is from the 1970s. Serve this hearty casserole recipe for dinner, brunch or breakfast and no one will ever take your man.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound Velveeta cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- smoked paprika
Here's how to make it:
- Boil the potatoes until just tender. Cool.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet until lightly browned, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Put the cooked potatoes and sausage into a casserole dish.
- To the pan, add the butter, flour and milk. Whisk until smooth, then add the Velveeta cheese. Cook on low heat until melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the cheese sauce over the sausage and potatoes. Toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and paprika. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until top is browned.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Jolene by Dolly Parton $1.29 & Up
Casserole Dishes $8 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Velveeta $7 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.