Tabitha's Green Chile Rice Casserole Recipe: This Creamy Rice Casserole Recipe Is Loaded With Texas Attitude by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
My friend Tabitha lives in Texas, where spice is always nice. She shared this creamy rice casserole, loaded with green chiles and cheese, that's a family favorite for dinner and even special occasions. It's a vegetarian dinner casserole with attitude.
"My daughter, who is turning 25 today, has again requested it with her steak dinner," Tabitha said, smiling. "She wanted the leftovers, so I put it in a tiny container ... it’s only about one serving left!"
Hope your family loves this easy and delicious casserole recipe as much as Tabitha's does.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded Chihuahua cheese
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup green chiles (see picture below for Tabitha's favorite brand, 505 Southwestern)
Here's how to make it:
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Put the mixture into a casserole dish you have sprayed with cooking spray. Put a little more cheese on top for browning.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until casserole is browned on top.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
White Rice $2 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Casserole Dishes $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.