4-Ingredient Spicy Green Chile Rice Casserole Recipe Is Loaded With Texas Flavor by Tabitha Jones
I live in Texas, where spice is always nice. That's why this creamy four-ingredient rice casserole, loaded with green chiles and cheese, is a family favorite for dinner and even special occasions. It's an easy vegetarian dinner casserole that's loaded with tons of spicy Texas flavor.
This simple dinner recipe only has four ingredients, but packs so much punch. All you do is combine the rice, cheese, sour cream and green chiles, then bake the mixture until it's golden. What could be easier than that?
My daughter, who recently turned 25, loves this recipe so much, she again requested it with her birthday steak dinner. She even wanted the leftovers, so I put it in a tiny container ... there was only about one serving left!
I hope your family loves this easy and delicious casserole recipe as much as mine does. Be warned: If they do, it won't last long!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded Chihuahua cheese
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup green chiles (see picture below for my favorite brand, 505 Southwestern)
Here's how to make it:
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients. Put the mixture into a casserole dish that you have sprayed with cooking spray. Put a little more cheese on top for browning.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until casserole is golden brown on top.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.