3-Ingredient Cherry Granita Recipe: Fresh Cherry Granita Is a Refreshing Sicilian Dessert by 30Seconds Food
Granita is semi-frozen dessert that's made with sugar, water and fruit. Granitas are originally from Sicily, but now popular throughout Italy – and in America. If you can't get fresh cherries for this easy cherry granita recipe, use frozen. So good!
Prep Time: 4 hours to overnight
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours to overnight
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen pitted cherries
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Here's how to make it:
- Put the water and sugar in a saucepot. Cook on low until sugar has melted. Cool.
- In a blender, puree the cherries with the lime juice until smooth.
- Stir together the sugar water and cherries. Pour the mixture into a shallow baking pan.
- Freeze the granita until solid, about 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, use a fork and scrape the granita. Spoon into serving glasses or bowls.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.