Easy Freezer Breakfast Burrito Recipe: Make-Ahead Burritos for Busy Mornings by 30Seconds Food
Busy mornings can sometimes mean just a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Not anymore. This easy freezer burrito recipe lets you pre-make hearty, filling breakfast burritos that you just pop out of the freezer and reheat. Think about grabbing a hearty burrito out of the freezer and having it hot on a plate in about five minutes.
You don't need many ingredients to make these breakfast burritos. Here is your simple shopping list: bulk breakfast sausage (mild, regular, hot, maple or your favorite), butter, eggs, cheddar cheese (or your favorite) salsa or salsa verde (red or green) and burrito-size flour tortillas.
These freezer burritos can be customized to fit your family's tastes. Make a bunch so you're well prepared for those busy back-to-school or off-to-work mornings!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 8
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 1 cup salsa or salsa verde
- 8 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- When ready to cook, remove the burrito from the freezer and unwrap it. To microwave it, put it on a plate and microwave on high for about 5 minutes, turning it over halfway through. To cook it on the stove, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Put the burrito in the pan and cook until hot and crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
- Additional ingredients could be added to this easy breakfast recipe, like potato, bacon, ham or vegetables.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the sausage in a skillet, breaking it up as you cook, until cooked through and browned. Remove to a plate.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the eggs are set to your desired doneness.
- To assemble the burritos, lay the tortillas out on a work surface. Divide the sausage, egg, cheese and salsa between the tortillas.
- To roll the burritos, fold the sides over the filling and roll up. Wrap each burrito in aluminum foil.
- Put all the foil-wrapped burritos into a freezer storage bag. Place them in the freezer.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.