Easy Freezer Breakfast Burrito Recipe: Make-Ahead Burritos for Busy Mornings by 30Seconds Food
Busy mornings can sometimes mean just a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Not anymore. This easy freezer burrito recipe lets you pre-make hearty, filling breakfast burritos that you just pop out of the freezer and reheat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 8
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 1 cup salsa or salsa verde
- 8 burrito-sized flour tortillas
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the sausage in a skillet, breaking it up as you cook, until cooked through and browned. Remove to a plate.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the eggs are set to your desired doneness.
- To assemble the burritos, lay the tortillas out on a work surface. Divide the sausage, egg, cheese and salsa between the tortillas.
- To roll the burritos, fold the sides over the filling and roll up. Wrap each burrito in aluminum foil.
- Put all the foil-wrapped burritos into a freezer storage bag. Place them in the freezer.
- When ready to cook, remove the burrito from the freezer and unwrap it. To microwave it, put it on a plate and microwave on high for about 5 minutes, turning it over halfway through. To cook it on the stove, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Put the burrito in the pan and cook until hot and crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.