Steak With Cherry-Wine Sauce Recipe: This Easy Steak Recipe With Fresh Cherry Sauce Will Impress by 30Seconds Food
Spoon a flavorful, sweet and savory cherry sauce over a pan-seared steak and you've got yourself one impressive dinner. There's just something about that tangy cherry flavor that makes everything better. This delicious steak recipe could also be made with a thick pork chop or even chicken breast.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 2 ribeye steaks, filet mignon, New York strip, T-bone or your favorite steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
Here's how to make it:
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet (a cast iron skillet works well) over high heat. Add the steaks and sear on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Reduce the heat and add the butter, garlic and thyme. Baste the steaks with the melted butter until they are cooked to your desired doneness. Remove the steaks and allow them to rest while you make the cherry sauce.
- To the drippings in the pan (remove the thyme sprigs), add the butter and shallot. Cook until shallots are soft, about 2 minutes. Add the cherries and cook over medium-low heat, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, balsamic, honey and Dijon. Continue to cook until thickened and slightly reduced, about 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice the steaks (if desired) and lay on a serving platter. Spoon the cherry sauce over the steaks.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
Balsamic Vinegar $3 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.