Fresh Cherry Sauce Recipe: Spoon This Easy Sweet Cherry Sauce Recipe on Everything by 30Seconds Food
Cherry sauce can be spooned over everything from ice cream to pork to duck to chicken. Oh, and don't forget yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles... You get it. This easy fresh cherry sauce recipe is pretty versatile – and delicious.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 4 cups pitted fresh cherries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the water into a saucepot. Whisk in the cornstarch until smooth. Add the lemon juice, sugar and cherries.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cool and pour into a jar or airtight container. Store in the refrigerator
Note: If you use frozen cherries, reduce the water to 1/4 cup.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.