4-Ingredient Coconut Rice Recipe: Healthy Coconut Brown Rice Recipe Is the New Trendy Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
Coconut isn't just for piña coladas, coconut cream pie, coconut cheesecake, coconut crack bars or coconut pudding. Flaked coconut and coconut milk can be used in savory dishes, too, like this easy brown coconut rice recipe. It's so flavorful!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice, rinsed
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Add the shallots and cook until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut and cook about 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk and water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender, about 40 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it sit about 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauté Pans $10 & Up
Long Grain Brown Rice $3 & Up
Coconut Oil $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Coconut Milk $2 & Up
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.