Perfect Pandesal Recipe: This Easy Filipino Bread Rolls Recipe Is Light, Airy & Delish by 30Seconds Food
Pandesal is a classic Filipino bread roll that's eaten for breakfast or as a snack. The rolls have a soft, fluffy texture and are slightly sweet. This easy pandesal recipe is not hard to make and can also be used for sandwiches.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Servings: Makes about 12
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the milk, egg and butter. Stir until combined. Sprinkle in the yeast. Mix until a dough forms.
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface. Knead until smooth, about 6 to 8 minutes. Put the dough into an oiled bowl. Cover and allow it to double in size.
- Punch the dough down and divide into two. Roll each piece of dough into a log and cut into about 6 pieces. Form each piece into a ball.
- Roll the dough balls in the breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet. Let the dough rise until double in size.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Instant Dry Yeast $5 & Up
All Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.