Chorizo & Pierogi Skillet Recipe: Polish Meets Mexican in This One-Pan 30-Minute Recipe by Dina Deleasa-Gonsar DishItGirl.com
My husband and I have a thing for tacos. We could eat them a couple of times a week. One of our favorite combinations is chorizo with potato. This is where the idea of a chorizo and pierogi skillet came about. This meal comes together super quick and is amazing for a crowd. It almost reminds me of loaded nachos, but so much better! It is hearty and full of layers of flavor!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound chorizo, out of the casing
- 1 box frozen cheese mini pierogies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Over medium heat, add olive oil to the skillet. Once warm, add the chorizo and cook until done, about 8 minutes. Break up the chorizo as it cooks. Set aside.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook, adding more olive oil if needed, until soft. Add the pierogies and brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Combine the chicken stock and cornstarch. Whisk to combine. Pour the mixture into the skillet and bring to a simmer. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour in the cream and stir. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the skillet back on the heat. Stir in the chorizo. To serve, top with the jalapeno, cheese and cilantro.
Find more recipes on DishItGirl.com.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.