4-Ingredient Creamy Amish Cucumber Salad Recipe Is Simple Goodness by 30Seconds Food
Amish recipes are simple and delicious. Your vegetable garden doesn't have to be producing a bumper crop of cucumbers (that will happen soon enough!) for you to make this easy cucumber salad recipe.
This Amish salad recipe is light and the perfect side dish for beef, chicken, pork, seafood. For a little spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced (you can peel the cucumbers, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion (white, red or yellow)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- sour cream (2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cucumber slices into a bowl. Sprinkle them with the salt. Let them sit about 5 minutes and then pat with paper towels to remove moisture.
- Add the onions. Drizzle with the vinegar. Add the sour cream until desired creaminess is achieved. Season with pepper, if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mandolines $15 & Up
Vinegar $1 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
Amish Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.