10-Minute Creamy Amish Cucumber Salad Recipe Is Simple Goodness by 30Seconds Food
Amish recipes are simple and delicious. Your vegetable garden doesn't have to be producing a bumper crop of cucumbers (that will happen soon enough!) for you to make this easy cucumber salad recipe. We're thinking Memorial Day or just as a side dish with dinner tonight. This Amish salad recipe is light and the perfect side dish for beef, chicken, pork, seafood.
You don't need a lot of ingredients for this Amish cucumber salad recipe. You'll need cucumbers, salt, onion, vinegar and sour cream. Sprinkle the sliced cucumbers with the salt and let them sit for about five minutes to remove excess moisture. Then add the sliced onion, vinegar and sour cream. For a little spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne.
Did you know that a cucumber is 95 percent water and the whole thing has just 16 calories. Not bad! This is a creamy way to add this healthy ingredient to your weekly recipe rotation.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced (you can peel the cucumbers, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion (white, red or yellow), sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- sour cream (2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cucumber slices into a bowl. Sprinkle them with the salt. Let them sit about 5 minutes and then pat with paper towels to remove moisture.
- Add the onions. Drizzle with the vinegar. Add the sour cream until desired creaminess is achieved. Season with pepper, if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.