Easy Butta Zucchini Recipe: This Bright Yellow Zucchini Is Smooth & Creamy – "Like Butta" by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
I’d never tasted butta zucchini before planting it in our garden this year. Butta zucchini is a hybrid, yellow zucchini squash. Just as its name implies, this sunny zucchini is smooth and creamy, “like butter,” and it’s growing like crazy in our planter box. I found that it's best served simply, so you can taste its sweetness. I sautéed and served it on our homegrown Bibb lettuce as a perfect summer side. So light and refreshing.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 butta zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 1 head Bibb lettuce (or your favorite lettuce)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- additional olive oil, to taste
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- To a sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and garlic. Stir and sauté for a minute before adding zucchini, then stir all together.
- Sauté zucchini in oil and garlic for about 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Do not overcook because it may become mushy.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then spoon zucchini over lettuce. Sprinkle with additional olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.