Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe: Don't Lose This 15-Minute Creamy Basil Pesto Pasta & Chicken Recipe by Donna John
Basil pesto can be found in my freezer year round. After staring at a couple chicken breasts one night wondering what to do with them, this creamy pesto and chicken recipe was born. If you use frozen pesto, you don't even need to thaw it out – it melts quickly in the hot skillet. Jarred would work if you don't have any fresh pesto on hand.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 - 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- olive oil
- 1 recipe basil pesto or jarred pesto
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 box (12 - 16 ounces) spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken in the hot oil until browned and almost cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pesto and cream. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and a big handful of Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Pesto $4 & Up
Pasta Bowls $8 & Up
Parmesan Cheese Graters $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.