Mozzarella in Carrozza Recipe: This Fried Mozzarella Sandwich Recipe Is an Italian Favorite by 30Seconds Food
Mozzarella in Carrozza (mozzarella in a carriage) is basically an Italian grilled cheese sandwich – or the closest you'll get to one. And it's incredibly delicious. Melted mozzarella cheese oozes from crispy bread that's fried in a breadcrumb crust.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 13 to 15 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup panko or breadcrumbs
- 8 slices sandwich bread, crusts cut off
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into slices
- olive oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the eggs and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Beat well.
- Put the panko in another bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Top four slices of the bread with a thick slice of mozzarella cheese. Top with the remaining bread. Press the sandwiches gently.
- Heat about 1/4 inch of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dip the sandwiches in the egg to fully cover both sides and then into the panko.
- Fry each sandwich until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to paper towels.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.