Simple Amish Casserole Recipe: This 6-Ingredient Cheesy Amish Ground Beef Casserole Is Serious Comfort Food by 30Seconds Food
With just six ingredients, this hearty Amish ground beef casserole recipe is a surefire winner for dinner. Amish food reflects influences of Swiss and German heritage, agrarian society and keeping to tradition. Creating and cooking filling meals is a hallmark of the Amish, so if you're in the need of serious comfort food, this simple Amish casserole recipe is sure to please.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 package (12 ounces) wide egg noodles (you could substitute fettuccine or spaghetti noodles)
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded cheddar, Monterey jack or Colby-jack cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot. Pour in the cream of chicken soup and mix well.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet until cooked through. Add the tomato soup and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put half of the ground beef mixture on the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with 1/2 cup of the cheese and half of the noodle mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the remaining cheese. Be sure to cover the top completely with the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Casserole Dishes $10 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Condensed Tomato Soup $2 & Up
Cream of Chicken Soup $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Wide Egg Noodles $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.