Amish Shoofly Pie Recipe: This Pennsylvania Dutch Shoofly Pie Is Bursting With Sweet Old-Fashioned Goodness by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 1 pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
Here's how to make it:
- Put the pie crust into the bottom of a deep dish pie plate (we suggest using a 10-inch deep pie plate). Flute the edges.
- Combine all the topping ingredients in a bowl. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, work it together until it's crumbly.
- To make the filling, combine the molasses, water and baking soda in a bowl. Mix well. Pour into the pie shell.
- Mix some of the topping mixture into the filling itself, to thicken filling. Spread the rest of the topping mixture over the filling until it is evenly covered.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking about 20 more minutes or until set.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pie Plates $8 & Up
Dark Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Ground Nutmeg $4 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Molasses $4 & Up
Pastry Cutters $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.