Amish Beef Barley Soup Recipe: A Hearty Soup From Amish Country by 30Seconds Food
Full of tender beef and vegetables, this easy Amish beef and barley soup recipe is a hearty and delicious stick-to-your-ribs meal. With fall here, it's time to add some delicious soup recipes to your rotation.
Serve this easy soup recipe with fresh bread and butter. If you love Amish recipes, this one just might become a favorite.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 55 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth (you could use 1 can chicken broth and 1 can beef broth)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil. Add the meat and cook until browned on all sides. Remove to a plate.
- Add the onions, carrots and celery to the pot. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and cook 30 seconds.
- Pour in the broth, water and barley. Season with salt and pepper. Put the meat back into the pot. Cover and simmer about 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with parsley.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Pearl Barley $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.