Crispy Baked Teriyaki Cauliflower Recipe: Hello, Meatless Monday by 30Seconds Food
The cauliflower is dipped into a wet batter made with flour, milk, onion powder and garlic powder, then dipped into panko crumbs. The cauliflower is baked for about 20 minutes or until golden and crispy (thank you panko breadcrumbs!). The crispy baked cauliflower is tossed into a simple homemade teriyaki sauce made with soy sauce, maple syrup, brown sugar and ginger. So simple, healthy and delicious!
You could use bottled teriyaki in a pinch or if you're short on time. Serve this flavor-packed Asian-inspired cauliflower as a main vegetarian dinner with rice or as a side dish with your favorite protein. For added nutrition, sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups panko
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, or to taste
Here's how to make it:
- To make the teriyaki sauce, dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Put the tamari, maple syrup, brown sugar and ginger into a saucepan over medium heat. When melted together and combined, whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Reduce heat to low and cook about 6 minutes or until thick. Set aside.
- To make the cauliflower, combine the flour, milk, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl. Put the panko in another bowl. Dip the cauliflower into the wet batter and then into the panko. Put them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Make sure they are not touching each other. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven until brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the cauliflower and toss to coat. Bake another 8 to 10 minutes or until crispy. Serve with rice and garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.